Five to Four Months Before
- Book the rehearsal dinner venue. Decide on the menu. This can be very simple as meeting up for pizza or as formal as a full dinner hosted at a nice restaurant.
- Select and order the cake. Book your cake decorator now or even earlier if they are in high demand. We have our preferred in house baker/decorator that is very busy. It's always nice for them if you have pictures to show what you are thinking of. Take care with the color. A color swatch is always great.
- Purchase wedding shoes and start dress fittings. You are close enough now to buy the rest of your outfit for the big day. Bring your shoes to your first fitting so they can choose the appropriate length for your gown.
- Work with Jamison’s to start composing your wedding day timeline. Don't worry, we are here to help.
- Schedule hair and makeup artists, also make appointment for nails. A rehearsal hair appointment is recommended as well as makeup rehearsal. This will ensure that you like what you are getting.
- Choose your music. Our packages all include our professional, in-house DJ. He likes to have the important songs for your big day at least a week out. Sooner is good as well. He also is very good with picking the other music based on your likes and dislikes.
- Finalize centerpieces and linens. Here at Jamison's we will schedule an appointment to put together a table. We adjust and try several options until we find the best for you.
Three Months Before
- Make a list of the people giving toasts. Which loved ones would like to speak at the reception? Ask them soon. This gives them plenty of time to figure out what they would like to say. Then remind them the week of.
- Print programs. Not all weddings have programs, but if you do, now is a good time to finalize them and get them printed out. For an additional cost, Jamison's offers this as a service or there are several online websites that have reasonably priced options.
- Have rings sized.
Now your big day is getting close!