After picking your venue, you can start the rest of your planning.
Twelve to Nine Months Before
- Choose the kind of wedding you would like, the colors, theme &overall atmosphere. Pintrest is an amazing place to get ideas.
- Work out your budget and who will pay for what. It’s a good idea to know how much money you have and we can help you stretch those dollars.
- Pick your wedding party. Decide who gets to be up front with you. Remember you don’t have to have 10 bridesmaids and groomsmen (unless you want that many). There are other areas you can include friends and family.
- Start the guest list and finalize before sending out Save the Dates. This will take some work and possible negotiations. Find out how many your venue will hold as that might dictate how many you can invite. Remember not everyone will be able to come.
- Send out Save the Dates. This can be as simple as a facebook event that you invite everyone too or an email you send out. It helps friends and family to keep that date open as well as give an indication of some that won’t be able to make it.
- Book your officiant. This can be a family pastor, judge, or officiant company. It can even be friend or relative.
- Research photographers, florists, and caterers. Ask around to see who other couples used and if they had a good experience. A good wedding planner can also help guide you in your selection.