Eight Months Before Your Big Day
- Hire the photographer. Cost is not the only thing that varies from photographer to photographer. Check out their webpages and their style.
- Meet caterers. Confirm the dishes and any special requests with the caterers.
- Purchase a dress and schedule fittings. Have some FUN! Invite your bride's maids and family members to share in the experience.
- Reserve a block of rooms for out-of-town guests.
- Launch a wedding website or a facebook event page. It's a nice way to keep your guests updated on your wedding, travel information, accommodations, or any changes to the event.
Seven to Six Months Before
- Select and purchase invitations. Addressing is time consuming, so do budget enough time.
- Shop for bridesmaid’s dresses. Allow at least six months for the dresses to be ordered. Make a day of it with your bridesmaids.
- Contact men’s formal wear for men’s attire. Here at Jamison's we now offer Tux and Suit purchase or renting from Jim's Formal Wear. Make an appointment for your wedding party to get measured.
- Meet with officiant. Map out the ceremony. Make sure to discuss any special elements that your want to include.
- Book a florist. Remember to ask if the flowers you want are in season. Sometimes there is an inexpensive substitute that the florist can recommend.
- Choose favors and gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen.